Terms and Conditions for #YourImpact2019 competition
“Big Society Capital”, “us” or “we” means Big Society Capital Limited, whose registered office is situated at 8-10 New Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1AZ and whose company number is 07599565.
1. Eligibility: #YourImpact2019 (the Competition) is open only to those who enter the Competition through submitting a photo or video and tagging @goodfinanceuk #YourImpact2019 on social media: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Instagram.
2. Competition Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about 29th October 2019 and ending 3rd December 2019. All entries must be received by 3rd December 2019 11:59PM GMT (the End Date).
3. How to Enter: Enter via social media by taking a photo or video and submitting an entry using the hashtag #YourImpact2019 @goodfinanceuk. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may not be included in the Competition. Your organisation may enter a maximum of three times.
4. Additional Conditions. You may request a cancellation of your entry or entries within 15 business days of the End Date by contacting Big Society Capital by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Prizes: Winners will receive as a prize a day of voluntary support. The specifics of the prize shall be determined solely at Big Society Capital’s discretion. However, adjustments will be made to try and match the request of the winner were possible. No cash or other prize substitution is permitted. The prize is non-transferable, other than between a social investor and the organisation featured in the entry. No substitution of the prize or transfer/assignment of the prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission Big Society Capital to use the winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Big Society Capital does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide you with any assistance. By taking part in the campaign, the winners expressly waive any such claim for liability or compensation. Winners should seek specialist advice and support in relation to specific circumstances. Big Society Capital shall not be liable for any damage (including, without limitation, damage for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of, or inability to use, support or material contained from it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of receiving voluntary support.
6. Winner selection and notification: Winners will be selected at the sole discretion of Big Society Capital. Winners will be notified via social media and via email within five calendar days following the winner selection. Big Society Capital shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time the award notification was sent, or fails to return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required within five business days, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by the winner of the prize offered in this Competition is conditioned upon compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
7. Rights Granted by You: By entering the Competition you understand that Big Society Capital, anyone acting on behalf of Big Society Capital, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
8. Terms: Big Society Capital reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition should (in its sole discretion) causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Competition. In such case, Big Society Capital may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken. Big Society Capital has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user.
9. Consent: By submitting your entry or entries you confirm that you have obtained the consent of each individual featured in your entry or entries for you and Big Society Capital to process their personal data and for you to transfer their personal data to Big Society Capital.
10. Content: The content of your entry or entries must not be capable of being construed as a financial promotion. Big Society Capital reserves the right to not consider for selection as a winner any entry that could be construed as a financial promotion.
Good Finance terms and conditions
Access to this website is provided by Big Society Capital Limited (“Us” or “We”).
The website is subject to the following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, and takes effect on the date of your first use of the website.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right at any time without notice to revise the content of this website and the Terms and Conditions. Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted on this website and by continuing to use the website following any such change you will signify that you agree to be bound by the revised Terms and Conditions. Previous versions available on request.
This website and the information, tools and material contained in it are not directed at, or intended for distribution to or use by, any person or entity who is a citizen or resident of or located in any jurisdiction where such distribution, publication, availability or use would be contrary to applicable law or regulation or which would subject Us to any registration or licensing requirement within such jurisdiction.
The information, tools and material presented in this website are provided to you for information purposes only and are not to be used or considered as an offer or a solicitation to sell or an offer or solicitation to buy or subscribe for securities or other financial instruments, nor to constitute any advice or recommendation with respect to such securities or other financial instruments. It has no regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any person using this website and as such does not constitute individual investment advice or a personal recommendation. You should (particularly if you are a retail client) seek your own professional advice before making or taking on any form of social investment.
We may, to the extent permitted by applicable law and/or regulation, participate or invest in financing transactions with the issuer(s) of the securities referred to in this website, perform services for or solicit business from such issuers, and/or have a position or holding, or other material interest or effect transactions in such securities or options thereon or investments related thereto. We may, to the extent permitted by applicable law and/or regulation, act upon or use the information or opinions presented on this website, or the research or analysis on which they are based, before the material is published. We may have, may be providing, or have provided significant advice or investment services in relation to the investment concerned or a related investment. Additional information is, subject to duties of confidentiality, available on request.
Nothing in this website constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a representation that any investment or strategy is suitable or appropriate to your individual circumstances, or otherwise constitutes a personal recommendation to you. We do not advise on the tax consequences of investments and you are advised to contact an independent tax adviser. Please note in particular that the bases and levels of taxation may change. Information on this website may relate to investments or services of an entity/person outside of the United Kingdom and further details as to where this may be the case are available upon request in respect of this material.
Data Protection and Privacy
We keep information disclosed by you to Us through this website, including but not limited to your contact details (the “Information”) for the following reasons:
- to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints received from you;
- to assist us on ensuring the information and tools on the website are fit for the purpose;
- to keep you informed on those issues you have indicated an interest in (provided we have your consent to do so);
- to enable us to analyse who is using the website and why and to enable us to produce anonymised statistical analytics and segmentation data; and
- to enable us to further develop the website in the future
In addition, as with the vast majority of websites, We automatically log certain information about every request made of Us, including users’ IP addresses. This information is used for the purposes of system administration, maintenance, problem solving and the production of usage statistics. Subsets of this data may be passed to the administrators of other computer systems or computer security teams for purposes such as the investigation of access problems or as part of investigations of computer misuse. Otherwise, the logged information is not passed to any third party except as stated elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions. Summary statistics may be made publicly available (e.g. to demonstrate patterns of use), but those that are will not include information from which individuals could be identified. We will not give or sell your name or address to anyone for marketing purposes.
We may disclose this Information to other people (such as the Goodfinance.org.uk Steering Group) from time to time, including where We are required to do so by law or where necessary for legal proceedings. We may in the future, transfer the hosting of this website (including transferring the information) to another member of the Steering Group.
Anonymised data may also be used by Us to attract other funders or investors in this website.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, We are a 'Data Controller' in respect of any data collected by this website.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to our use of Information about you, or to make a request for the provision of Information held by Us about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, please contact Us via the email address provided in the “Our Details” section below.
Your personal information may be transferred to, processed or stored in countries outside the European Economic Area which may not have an equivalent level of data protection laws. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
This website contains links to other websites that are operated by third parties which have been provided solely for your convenience. We have not reviewed and do not control or have responsibility for the content of them.
Except for the links to third party websites or content (as indicated throughout this website), all text and graphics in this website are owned by Us.
Users must not reproduce, download, store in any medium, distribute, transmit or retransmit or manipulate any materials (including information, images, logos, photos, and the overall appearance of the website) except for the purposes of personal research or private study, or for temporarily downloading or viewing pages. Reproduction for any other purpose is not permitted without Our written permission which must be obtained in advance.
Use and access
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny you access to this website or any part of this website without notice and to decline to provide the service to any user that is in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You agree not to use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to this website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of this website; or in any way which is illegal, fraudulent, harmful, offensive or obscene or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person.
Limitation of Warranties and Representations and Liability
Any investment, product or service described on this website may not be suitable for all people. Investors and investees must assess for themselves whether any investment, product or service is suitable for their own investment purposes before purchasing or using such service or product. The value of investments and the income derived from them may go down as well as up and you may not receive back all the money which you invest.
Past performance should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of future performance, and no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made regarding future performance. Opinions and/or estimates reflect a judgment at the original date of publication by Us and are subject to change without notice. The price, value of and income from any of the securities or financial instruments mentioned in this website can fall as well as rise. Foreign currency denominated securities and financial instruments are subject to fluctuations in exchange rates that may have a positive or adverse effect on the value, price or income of such securities or financial instruments. Investors in securities, the values of which are influenced by currency volatility, effectively assume this risk.
Structured securities are complex instruments, typically involve a high degree of risk and are intended for sale only to sophisticated investors who are capable of understanding and assuming the risks involved. The market value of any structured security may be affected by changes in economic, financial and political factors (including, but not limited to, spot and forward interest and exchange rates), time to maturity, market conditions and volatility and the credit quality of any issuer or reference issuer. Any investor interested in purchasing a structured product should conduct its own investigation and analysis of the product and consult with its own professional advisers as to the risks involved in making such a purchase.
This website is subject to periodic update and revision. Materials should only be considered current as of the date of initial publication appearing thereon, without regard to the date on which you may access the information. We maintain the right to delete or modify information on this website without prior notice.
We may have issued other reports that are inconsistent with, and reach different conclusions from, the information presented in this website. Those reports reflect the different assumptions, views and analytical methods of the analysts who prepared them and the firm is under no obligation to ensure that such reports are brought to your attention.
We make no warranties or representations relating to, and shall not be liable to you in respect of, this website or any other website to which it may be linked. We shall not be liable for the accuracy, quality, completeness, availability of, or your ability to access, this website or any information contained in this website. We do not guarantee that access to this website will be uninterrupted, that this website will be free from viruses or that this website cannot be tampered with by third parties. This website and information contained on it is provided on an "as is" basis, with no warranties of any kind whatsoever, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties or implied warranties regarding fitness for purpose. Use of this website and information is entirely at the user's sole risk.
Our inclusion of links to other websites does not imply any endorsement of the material of such websites or any association with their operators. You are solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any resources, goods and services offered by such websites.
Posts on this website may have been created by third parties. The views and opinions contained within these posts are those of the author of each post and not of Big Society Capital, Access - The Foundation for Social Investment, DCMS, or any member of the Steering Group. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any content or endorse any opinions expressed within the posts on this website. Neither Big Society Capital, Access - The Foundation for Social Investment, DCMS nor any member of the Steering Group have an obligation to update, modify or amend this website or to otherwise notify a reader in the event that any content becomes inaccurate.
To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability for any damages, including without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or loss of profits, loss or damage resulting from any computer viruses, any loss of any data or any damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or loss of use of this website or any other website linked to and from this website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions (or elsewhere on our website) will exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You are granted access to this website conditional upon your agreement to indemnify Us and not to hold Us liable in any way for the results of any action you may take based on the material contained herein.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
Any person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise) to enforce or enjoy the benefit of these Terms and Conditions.
No failure of either Us or you to exercise, and no delay by either Us or you in exercising, any right, power or remedy in connection with these Terms and Conditions (each a “Right”) shall operate as a waiver of that Right.
Any exercise of any Right shall be without prejudice to any other any other rights or remedies and shall not preclude any other or further exercise of that Right or the exercise of any other Right.
English law governs all matters between us in relation to this website and all claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Our full name is Big Society Capital Limited.
Our registered address is New Fetter Place, 8-10 New Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1AZ and our registered entity number is 07599565.
Any comments or queries relating to the Terms and Conditions or this website should be made to the Good Finance Project Manager at email@example.com.
Last modified 3.4.17