Good Finance is a collaborative project to help improve access to information on social investment for charities and social enterprises.
- Improve knowledge of social investment, what is it, what it can be used for and the journey & process is requires
- Enable organisations to make informed decisions, based on their needs and situation, not because of embedded attitudes
- Help connect organisations to the right investors to talk to base on shared values
Charities and social enterprises identified a critical need for a comprehensive digital resource to help them to effectively navigate social investment. Evidence of this need originates from a number of sources including:
- Social Enterprise UK’s findings in the State of Social Enterprise 2015 Report
- Findings from the Alternative Commission on Social Investment
- Research conducted by the Cabinet Office
The first phase of this project ran for the first half of 2016. During this time we:
- Developed the beta website which pulled together existing information for charities and social enterprises
- Ran user-focused design research, workshops and testing across the UK with a number of charities and social enterprises
- Conducted regular Steering Group meetings to help inform the strategic direction of the project
- Created a new website prototype based on the user research and testing
The second phase involved development and build of the new site, with a relaunch in Spring 2017 containing up to date content and brand based on user needs identified in the first phase of the project.
A Project Manager was appointed in February 2017 to manage the content, website and partners and is also responsible for scoping out the future potential of the project.