Trust for London is an independent charitable foundation able to consider social investment opportunities that match our mission to tackle poverty and inequality in London.
Trust for London made its first social investment in 2012, and since then we have invested £17m in charities and social enterprises helping to reduce poverty and inequality in London.
Our social investments are typically in the form of loans or equity. Unlike grants, they are repaid with some interest, but we can be flexible about the size or type of investments we make and how much interest we charge. We want to support pioneering projects and social enterprises working in new ways to tackle issues around poverty in London.
Who is it for?
Charities and social enterprises based in London that are looking to take on social investment to help them grow and become more sustainable.
What can I apply for?
- Funding packages from £30,000 up to £1m
- Interest as low as 0.5% above the base rate
- Length of term up to 20 years
- No hidden fees
- Optional capital holiday for first year
- Unsecured & Secured Loans, Equity and Quasi-Equity
Am I elegible?
This programme is open to organisations that:
- Are based and work in London
- Have been operating for at least one year
- Have a clear social mission
- Can provide a business and financial plan