Big Issue Invest is offering loan finance between £20,000 and £150,000 to social enterprises and charities in England. This new £5 million lending scheme is aimed at enabling social enterprises and charities to access loan funding.
The programme is funded by Access – The Foundation for Social Investment, with finance being provided by its partners Big Lottery Fund and Big Society Capital.
Investment can be used for a variety of projects, including:
- Working capital;
- Buying equipment;
- Contract fulfilment;
- Business development;
- Hiring new talent.
You can apply for Impact Loans England if:
- You are a social enterprise or charity;
- You can demonstrate an ability to repay finance;
- You have a track record of trading;
- You are a well-managed organisation with good governance;
- You are based in England.
The loans can be structured to your individual needs and are unsecured which means there is not a requirement to put any personal guarantees in place as security.