Explore this section to access Government and guidance from the charity and social enterprise sector, as well as support for those who are self employed.
Our plan to rebuild: The UK Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy
Read the Government’s roadmap for how and when the UK will adjust its response to the COVID-19 crisis.
A new government-backed loan scheme launches (on 6 April) 2021 to provide additional finance to those businesses that need it.
- Changes to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme from July 2021
- The UK’s coronavirus furlough scheme, explained by experts
- ACAS: Guidance on using furlough, starting and ending furlough, pay during furlough and claiming through HMRC's Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Lexology: Furlough Extension - how does it work?
- Federation of Small Businesses: Furlough Extension - What you need to know
The Government has released a comprehensive tool to see what financial support businesses may be entitled to. If you're self-employed or a business owner and wondering what financial support you might be entitled to then the new tool can help. By filling out a simple online questionnaire you will then be directed to a list of all the financial support you may be eligible for.
- NCVO Guide: Your organisation and Coronavirus
- Social Enterprise UK: Access the most recent support, webinars and information for social enterprises here.
- School for Social Entrepreneurs: read the blog post on how charities and social enterprises can navigate. It's packed with useful links and articles!
- Advice for Co-ops: Find practical guidance for co‑ops developed by Co-op UK on their website.
- UnLtd: Guidance for social entrepreneurs
- Plunkett Foundation: This is Plunkett’s regularly updated page for advice and guidance for all community businesses.
- NPC's team of charity experts work directly with individuals and organisations in the charity sector to improve the impact they have on their chosen causes.
- Shifting your funding practices during Covid-19 - explores what shifts in funding practice they've seen, what shifts they think valuable, and what else funders could be doing. Find more details here.
- Updated toolkit for charities - pulls together all the information they think will be useful in a charity’s response to Covid-19. It shares new advice and links to resources on service delivery, strategy and mission. Find more details here.
- Wales Co-operative Centre: Access resources and support from the Wales Co-operative Centre here.
- The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO): Access the SCVO's third sector information hub here.
- Civil Society: Where charities should look for Covid-19 advice
Startups and the Self Employed
- Enterprise Nation: Enterprise Nation is building a network of trusted business support. Find advisers, learn from in-depth content and go to local events.
- Escape the City: Join a community of 500k+ ambitious professionals and get access to the best curated opportunities, events & resources.
- IPSE: IPSE is the UK's only not-for-profit, membership-run association that exclusively assists the self-employed with developing, supporting, and sustaining their careers
- The Federation of Small Businesses: Advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed can be found here.
- Sifted: The ultimate guide to support measures for startups affected by coronavirus. Find it here.
- Business Debtline: Factsheet for sole traders and businesses here.