A balanced, unbiased one-day workshop designed to make sense of social finance and social investment.
The social enterprise and charity sector is buzzing with financial terms: ‘social investment’ ‘social impact bonds’ and ‘investment readiness’. But what do these terms actually mean, and how can social enterprises and not-for-profits access these new forms of income?
A panel of speakers from different areas of social investment and case studies from both investors and investees will shine a spotlight on specific types of social investment, allowing you to make informed decisions about how to finance your organisation.
You should come on Unlocking Social Investment if:
- You are interested in finding out more about social investment and want a clear, unbiased introduction to what it all means for you and your organisation.
- You want to understand the pros and cons / risks and rewards of the different types of social finance available, but don’t want a sales pitch.
- You want to hear case studies from organisations who have taken on social investment – why they did it, how they did it and the benefits that it has brought to the organisation.
- You want the opportunity to question some of the leading social investors and want to find out more about how they decide who to invest in.
- You want to network with other people from charities and social enterprises who are also exploring social investment as a way of financing their organisation.
Time and Date
5 July 2018
School for Social Entrepreneurs,
139 Tooley Street,
London SE1 2HZ
Click here for more info and to register.