Social Investment Unpicked is a free online interactive course for anyone who wants to deepen their understanding of social investment.
It's designed for anybody who wants to be able to explain social investment to others and answer questions about it; such as infrastructure organisations, membership bodies and capacity building organisations. It will also be helpful to anybody generally wanting to learn more about social investment.
By the end of this course, you’ll understand social investment as another tool in the financial toolkit as a way to build back better.
How it was created
Social Investment Unpicked was adapted from a one day in-person training course developed by Big Society Capital and supported by Good Finance. In adapting it for online learning, we gathered user feedback at every step and used it to develop the course.
What you’ll learn about
There are four modules that will explore:
- The history, role and context of social investment in the UK
- How social investment compares to other tools
- Social investment products and, their features and providers
- Good Finance and how it can help
- What financial products might be right for an organisations objectives
- The social investment journey from start to end
- Measuring and communicating impact for social investment through Inspiring Impact's four-step process: plan, do, assess and review.
How you’ll learn
- Four modules of interactive online learning content
- Lots of videos, readings, quizzes and assignments
- Case studies of organisations who’ve used social investment
- Two cohort webinars giving you an opportunity to connect, meet and learn with others
- Weekly virtual office hours with tutor.
We will be running cohorts starting in November 2020, February 2021 and April 2021.
Register your interest here. We look forward to learning with you!