Finance For Enterprise provides loan finance to organisations who are excluded from mainstream funding via traditional lenders but have a positive impact in the communities that we serve.
We are a not-for-profit, Responsible Finance Provider created in 1985, supporting SMEs and Social Enterprises needing finance across Yorkshire, the North Midlands, Lincolnshire and The Humber, who are unable to secure their funding requirements from banks or other conventional sources.
Loans range from £1,000 to £250,000 and can be used for a variety of purposes, which include:
- Additional working/growth capital
- Start up or business expansion costs
- Asset purchases e.g. machinery/equipment
- Premises purchase/fit out
- Gap funding for growth and development projects as part of a package with other lenders
In the last five years, Finance For Enterprise has provided £37 million of loans. This funding has helped in the creation of more than 1,400 new jobs with a further 1,800 being safeguarded, resulting in a net economic contribution to the region we serve during the five-year period of more than £140 million.