Community Chest arranges loans that attract 30% tax relief for investors through Social Investment Tax Relief (SITR).
We are a peer to peer lender specialising in commercially viable social businesses with charitable or community objectives.
- Unsecured loans from £100,000 to £750,000 for viable business projects
- Businesses must be run through a charity, a community benefit society or a Community Interest Company
- Interest rate is set by an auction (typically between 2% and 10%)
- Interest is payable monthly
- Capital cannot be repaid until after the 3rd anniversary of draw down and then should be repaid during years 4 and 5
- Must have a workable plan to repay the loan on time
- Facilitates the involvement of a crowd of supporters/investors but with a single point of contact for the borrower